Barrister, UK; Associate at McDermott, Will & Emery
David Henry is a practising UK barrister and senior associate in the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery, based in its Brussels office. His practice focuses on European competition law including merger control, cartels and abuse of dominance, and the interaction between antitrust and intellectual property. He also advises clients in proceedings before the European courts and national competition authorities. David also has experience in export control matters, dispute resolution and white collar crime.
David’s recent speaking engagements include:
- “Recent developments in EU Competition law: Fines and settlements, leniency and legal privilege”, McDermott Will & Emery – Trade Associations Seminar,
- “Buying the Brains: M&A in IP/IT Intensive Sectors”, AIJA Talinn (April 2013),
- “Minority Shareholdings Between Antitrust and Merger Control” at the UIA / LIDC Competition Law Forum, Ghent (May 2012),
- “On-line distribution: the perils of non-compliance”, AIJA Luxembourg (November 2013) and
- “Competition Litigation Update”, UIA Brunico (February 2014).
David has worked as a research fellow in the field of EU competition law at Liège University and has also worked at the European Parliament in Brussels. He is a Diplock Scholar of the Middle Temple in London and an EU inter-institutional competition laureate. He completed a pupillage at a leading set of commercial chambers in London.
|DROI1350-1||Advanced EU Competition Law – Private Enforcement||10h||2|