Copyright protects all formatted creations, provided they are original.
The objective of the course entitled “reasoned principles of copyright law” is to present the different elements of copyright law.
The related rights, software and database rights will also be considered. Emphasis will also be placed on the case law of the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Syllabus (subject to change) :
- The field of application and the sources of copyright law
- The conditions for the application of copyright
- The right to reproduce
- The right to communicate to the public
- Exceptions to copyright
- Ownership and duration of copyright
- Computer programmes
- Respect for copyright on the internet
- Moral right of the author
- Contracts in copyright law
- General reflections and conclusions
- External session: related rights to copyright