This course encompasses two BSC modules.
Amongst those two, students must follow module on The Law and Economics of State Aid and other anti-competitive state interventions, which includes :
1. Brief historical and economic background
2. The notion of State aid: legal concept v. economic theory
3. State aid administrative procedure
4. Compatibility assessment of State aid: the central role of economic theory – the balancing test
5. State aid and services of general economic interest as well as other state interventions
6. Non horizontal compatible aid: various sector specific regulations (e.g.: aviation) focusing on rescue and restructuring aid
7. State aid and the financial crisis
8. National courts and State aid control.